Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? I did! And while the awards show itself is fine, I really watch it for the fashion & beauty.
My favourite dresses of the night:
Although, I had never heard of the show or the actress before, when Brooklyn 99 won for best comedy, I couldn’t help but notice the stunning cobalt blue dress Stefanie Beatriz was wearing.
While, not something I would wear, I loved Cate Blanchett’s dress and whole look. She looked incredibly elegant and timeless.
Another dress I would never wear but absolutely loved was Amy Adam’s dress. It looked stunning on her and payed great homage to her American Hustle style.
And lastly, I love, love, love Sofia Vergara’s dress. It was spectacular and I would give anything to wear such an amazing dress. And to top it off with that bold statement necklace, just perfection!
As for beauty looks. I noticed a lot of very natural looks on the red carpet this year. Nude lips were definitely a hit and as always, red lips.
My Favourite Beauty Looks of The Night:
Kerry Washington, from Scandal, looked amazing. I loved her smokey eye.
Taylor Swift, pulled off another great red carpet look. Very timeless with a red lip.
Monica Potter, from Parenthood, looked stunning. I loved her dress, although I’ve seen a lot of criticism for it online. And I thought her hair and makeup were both so beautiful.
I also loved Kate Beckinsales look. Very similar to Kerry Washington with a smokey eye & nude lip.
As soon as the Golden Globes were over, I was inspired to do some makeup & recreate one of my favourite looks. So yes, at 9 o’clock at night, I put on a full face of makeup, took pictures and then washed it off. I’m not crazy…I just love makeup.
I decided to recreate Kate Beckinsale’s look. I loved her smokey eye. It was nice but not overpowering and didn’t include any heavy eyeliner. She also had gorgeous glowing skin. While I desperately need a tan to fully pull off this look, I can show you how to recreate her eye makeup & glowing skin.
-Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
-Mac Full Coverage Foundation
-Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
-Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer
-Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
-Urban Decay Primer Potion
-MAC Eyeshadow – Wedge
-MAC Eyeshadow – Shroom
-Urban Decay Eyshadow – Mushroom
-MAC eyeshadow – Knight Divine
-Makeup Geek Eyshadow – Galaxy
-MAC eye pencil – Ebony
-Benefit They’re Real Mascara
-Nars Illuminator – Copacabana
-Nars Bronzer – Laguna
-MAC Powder Blush – Style
-MAC Lipstick – Blankety
- Apply foundation primer, foundation, concealer & powder
- Fill in eyebrows
- Prime eyelids with eyeshadow primer
- Using a fluffy dome brush such as MAC 217, shade outer corner of eye and crease with MAC wedge (or taupe/brown shade 1-2 shades darker than skin tone)
- Using flat shader brush, pat Urban Decay’s Mushroom onto lower lid (or satin taupe-grey colour)
- Using fluffy dome brush, shade outer V of eye with Mac Knight Divine (or dark satin gray colour)
- Spray flat eyeliner brush with water or setting spray such as Mac Fix Plus. Dip into dark satin grey colour and line upper and lower lash line. I used Makeup Geek Galaxy.
- Using pencil brush, smudge lower lash line with Urban Decay Mushroom.
- Highlight brow bone & inner corner of eye with MAC Shroom
- Using black eyeliner, line lower waterline
- Curl eyelashes & apply mascara
- Lightly contour cheekbone using bronzer 1-2 shades darker than your skin tone. I used NARS Laguna.
- Add blush. I used Style by MAC, a slightly shimmery peach colour
- Using fingers apply NARS illuminator along cheekbone and small amount onto apple of the cheek.
- Line lips and apply nude lipstick. I used MAC blankety. Apply gloss, I used MAC clear lip glass
- Set makeup with finishing spray
What were your favourite dresses or beauty looks from the Golden Globes?