Yesterday I won a Liebster award.
So basically, my reaction was this…
But then I found out it wasn’t really an award so I calmed down a little and discreetly slipped my acceptance speech back into my cleavage. The Liebster award is an acknowledgement of smaller blogs that is passed along by bloggers. It’s a way to spread the word about great new blogs. After looking into this a little more I realized so many of the bloggers that I follow has had a liebster award, it’s sort of a right of passage. So I’m pretty honoured that Sam from Fixed on the Unseen nominated me!
The Liebster Award Rules:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees
- You must go to their blogs and notifiy the nominees
So the questions that were asked of me by Fixed on the Unseen are:
1. Why did you to start your blog?
I loved reading other peoples blogs and found them so inspiring and interesting. I realized that being a Dietitian & Makeup Artist gave me a bit of a unique niche in the blogging world. So I started the blog to share my information and to keep myself and others inspired.
2. How do you get inspired if you’re “stuck”?
Honestly, one comment from a reader resparks my inspiration. Knowing that someone reads and cares about what I am writing is all that I need to keep going.
3. What have you learned from blogging?
Oh my goodness! What haven’t I learnt, I feel like I learn something new every single day. But the biggest thing I would have to say would be how to use social media. I never had a twitter account before starting my blog so that was a steep learning curve. In fact, the very first time I ever tried to hashtag, I did so on Facebook and accidentally used a % instead of #. So yeah, social media was a STEEP learning curve.
4. What do you wish you knew more about concerning blogging?
So much! I did a twitter party on building a better blog last night and realized just how much I don’t know. I am not exactly computer literate, so learning about plugins, HTML, SEO, etc is still way over my head but something I am trying to learn about.
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Obviously exercise – running, weight lifting, yoga, etc. I love camping and hiking in the summer. I love meeting up with friends for drinks and catching up. I love days when you can just chill out with your family. And I love travelling!
6. Are there any hobbies you’d like to pick up but haven’t yet? If so, what are they?
I don’t feel I have any time for new hobbies. Just wish I had more time for my current hobbies.
7. What are some of your future goals?
Become a world famous blogger obviously. 😉 No, but I would like to continue to increase my readership and provide quality content. Of course, running my first marathon is my biggest goal for this year.
8. What has been your biggest success?
I am truly, truly happy in life. I don’t think there’s any bigger success than that.
9. What’s the hardest obstacle that you’ve ever faced in life?
I think time managemnet is my biggest obstacle. I have a tendency to take on a lot and then become stressed when it becomes hard to manage. So managing my commitments and my stress levels is a constant battle.
10. When are you the happiest?
Okay get ready for a big ick factor…but I’m truly happiest when I’m being cuddled by Tom. It’s like all my worries, stress, etc melt away and I feel true happiness.
Thanks for the great questions Sam, some tough ones!
Now it’s my turn to nominate some amazing bloggers that I have found! I hope you ladies participate and keep the Liebster award going.
As for my 10 questions for my nominees, I’m going to keep them a little more light. Because, that’s the way I am!
- What do you think is the best blog post you have ever written?
- Which social media outlet do you like the most? Which one do you like the least?
- If you could only have three foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- Do you have any pets? If so, insert picture of cute animal:
- What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
- Here’s a big debate – makeup at the gym yay or nay?
- What goal are you currently working towards – blog or life related
- What is your dream job?
- Where do you want to travel to next?
- Who is the biggest inspiration in your life?
Have you ever won an award? Who would you thank in your acceptance speech?