How was your weekend? Mine was wonderful. The weather here finally turned a corner and we reached 12 degrees Celsius!! It’s amazing how much weather can affect your mood. Being that it was so nice this weekend I really wanted to get out and see people and stop being such a hermit like I have been lately!
Friday night I went out with friends for a couple of drinks. Saturday was a pretty lazy day for me. I was feeling just drained of energy. Maybe the drinks Friday night had something to do with that, but I can’t be sure. 😉 In the afternoon I went to a friend’s to do her hair and makeup for a boudoir shoot. It turned out amazing, I can’t wait to share some pictures but for now, it’s a secret so I can’t. Then we had a backyard fire at a friend’s house. Nothing makes you feel like summer is on the way like sitting around a campfire! Sunday I met a friend at the farmers market where I grabbed my typical Farmers Market items – beets, carrots & cashew butter. I also found a new spice to try out, it’s a greek seasoning that’s no salt. I was pretty pumped, I love Cavenders greek seasoning but it’s chalked full of salt, so I hope this will make a nice alternative. Then I spent the rest of my Sunday afternoon doing typical Sunday prep. I roasted my beets, made homemade granola, cut up fruit & vegetables, etc.
Since the weather was so nice I wanted to create a makeup look that matched the spring time feeling. One of my most recent MAC eyeshadows is Stars n’ Rockets. It’s such a gorgeous iridescent purple shade that to me just screams spring!
So I decided to create a look using that as my basis. And here’s how it turned out:
I feel the pictures don’t do justice to how beautiful of colour that Stars N Rocket Shadow is. To create a similar springtime look, here’s my tutorial:
- Prime lid with eyeshadow primer. This step is optional but will make your eyeshadow last longer. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion.
- Using a peachy-coral shade on a fluffy brush, shade your entire crease using windshield wiper motions and blend upwards towards the brow bone. I used MAC Samoa silk, which is now discontinued 😦
- Using a shader brush (I used MAC 239) tap MAC Stars n’ rockets all over the entire lid. You could substitute this for a light purple shade but trust me, if you like purple this is a shade you want to invest in.
- Using a darker purple shade (I used MAC Vibrant Grape) on a fluffy brush, shade the outer corner of the eye and slightly into the crease. You want to keep the purple shade below that peachy shade that you previously applied
- Using a smaller fluffy brush, take a grey eyeshadow (I used MAC print) and shade the outer V of your eye, blend well.
- Using a pencil brush, blend Stars n Rockets all along your lower lash line. Then smudge print on the outer lower lash line.
- Add eyeliner and mascara. I used Stila’s Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and Revlon Voluminous Mascara.
- Sweep a pink blush on the apples of your cheeks and up towards your temples. I used NARS Deep Throat (yes, that is actually what they named the blush…)
- Apply a pink lipstick to finish the look. I used MAC Please Me and topped with Sephora’s Glossy Gloss in Think Pink
I think this could easily become one of my go to looks for this spring/summer. Even Tom noticed and commented on my eyeshadow!
Hope you have a wonderful Monday.
What did you do this weekend? Do you have a favourite purple eyeshadow?