My all-time favourite dessert is cheesecake. I actually feel very fortunate that Canada doesn’t have any Cheesecake Factory’s because I’m not sure how well my self-control would hold out.
The other day I was really craving some cheesecake but I wanted to try to make a healthier version. I happened across a recipe from the Oikos Greek Yogurt website and found the solution. A greek yogurt cheesecake! And better yet it was individual serving size.
I decided to change up the recipe from the website a bit. To me a proper graham cracker crust makes a cheesecake so I wasn’t willing to compromise on that and I wanted to add peanut butter because….well that’s self-explanatory, peanut butter makes everything better!
So here’s what I came up with:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
Makes 4 individual servings
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/4 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Margarine
- 2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt margarine in microwave
- Mix melted margarine into graham crackers
- Evenly distribute graham crumb mixture into 4 individual oven-safe ramekins. Pack graham crumb mixture with hands along bottom and sides of ramekins to form crust
- Place ramekins on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. (Alternatively if you want a no bake option, place ramekins in refrigerator until crust sets, crust will be less crispy but equally delicious)
- In a bowl mix together filling ingredients
- Add filling to graham cracker crust. Top with Reese’s Peanut Butter chips (optional) and serve
I love the way these turned out. They are a perfect treat that’s not too sweet but perfectly satisfied my cheesecake craving.
What’s your favourite dessert? Do you ever make healthier desserts?