I talked about my recent purchase of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette in my beauty haul post. I am so in love with this palette! I mean chocolate…I’m all in!
Too Faced isn’t a brand that I am terribly familiar with. I have one bronzer from the company that came in a sample pack but I have always just skipped over their section at Sephora. They have super adorable packaging which for some reason made me feel that perhaps the makeup wasn’t as high of quality. Well I’m so glad that I finally decided to give this brand a try because I was so wrong about the quality. These shadows are amazing. They are all super pigmented, creamy and long lasting. The palette itself I think is great because it has a great selection of colours and finishes. If you are looking for a versatile neutral palette, this could be a great option. The price in Canada is $59, if you are in the US it’s $49.
Now this price may seem steep but considering you get 16 eyeshadows for that price, I think it’s a pretty good deal.
I had a request to show some swatches from the palette. So today I will show all the swatches and two makeup tutorials using the palette.
(Left to Right: Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge)
(Left to Right: Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto)
(Left to Right: Hazelnut, Creme Brûlée, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle)
Now I have two looks for you that I created with the palette. The first is a great easy day look. I wore this to work.
- Using salted caramel on a fluffy brush, swipe with windshield wiper motions across entire crease and blend slightly upwards toward the brow
- Using Semi-sweet on that same fluffy brush blend from the outer corner of the eye and slightly into the crease
- Using cherry cordial on a smaller fluffy brush shade the outer corner of the eye to deepen the look
- Pat on white chocolate onto the inner eyelid that has no shadow and along the brow bone for a highlight
- Top the white chocolate on the lid with marzipan
- Finish with eyeliner and mascara
The second look is a great evening look. I actually copied a tutorial from Tiffany D (You Tube Beauty Guru) because I loved the look so much! So I’ll let you check out her video:
And how it came out for me…
There ya have it!
What’s your favourite type of chocolate? Do you change up your eyeshadow for day and night?